Privacy - EU
European Privacy Statement
Magna International Inc.
337 Magna Drive Aurora, Ontario
Canada L4G 7K1
Please find below Magna’s European Privacy Information Form for Costumers and Suppliers:
2. Legal basis and purpose of processing of personal dataPersonal Data are any information that can personally identify you, like your name, email address, mailing address, or IP-address.
a. Processing based on legitimate interest of Magna for purpose of self-monitoring, ensuring the integrity and security of personal data, as well as to guarantee the technical functionalities of the Website:
When you visit the Website, Magna stores certain information about:
- your IP address and the name of your internet service provider in order to prevent and detect attacks on the Website or attempts at other criminal offenses (e.g.: fraud);
- the browser and operating system;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the access status (e.g. whether you were able to access the Website or received an error message);
- the use of Website functions;
- the search terms you may have entered;
- the frequency with which you access individual websites;
- the designation of files accessed;
- the amount of data transferred;
- the website from which you accessed this Website; and
- other websites which you visit from this Website, either by clicking on links on this Website or by entering a domain directly in the input field of the same tab (or window) of your browser.
b. If you liaise with Magna through the offered contact options on the Website or other communication channels (e.g.: e-mail, mail, phone call or fax message), your data will be stored to process and answer your request based on your consent, unless applicable law provides another legal basis (e.g.: fulfilment of (pre-)contractual obligations or legitimate interest).
c. In addition, Magna collects, stores and processes personal data if you provide your data, for example as part of a registration, contact form or survey. If you provide your contact data to Magna (for example, your business card), your data may be stored in a contact database/list. In such a case, your data will be processed pursuant to your consent, unless applicable law provides another legal basis (e.g.: fulfilment of (pre-)contractual obligations or legitimate interest).
Magna does not use automated decision-making or profiling on this Website.
3. International Data TransferYour personal data may be transferred to and/or accessible globally within Magna in countries where we operate, including countries outside of the European Union/European Economic Area in which the level of data protection may not be as high as within the EU/EEA. In all cases, Magna complies with applicable legal requirements providing an adequate level of data protection regardless of where the data are transferred to or accessed. Magna also ensures that the processing is in accordance with applicable data protection laws. With respect to such transfers from the EU/EEA to the United States and other non-EU/EEA jurisdictions, that provide no adequate level of data protection, Magna implements standard contractual clauses to ensure an adequate level of data protection.
4. Social MediaMagna is represented on the following Social Media providers: Facebook, LinkedIn, Xing, YouTube, Sina Weibo, WeChat, Instagram and Twitter (“Social Media Sites”). Magna does not use any Social Media Plugins on this Website. YouTube videos are embedded throughout the site and statistics are transmitted back to Magna. If you click on such a link to Social Media Sites, your data will be transferred to the respective provider to the extent required (e.g.: indicating that you have arrived at the Social Media site through the Website and, if applicable, further information that you have already provided on the Websites for this purpose).
If you visit the Website, the Internet browser will not automatically establish a connection to the server to YouTube.
By clicking on the Social Media Site buttons or embedded videos, you give your consent to communication with the Social Media Sites. By clicking on Social Media buttons or the embedded videos, you will be automatically forwarded to the Social Media Site operator and cookies may be placed on your device.
If you are logged into the Social Media Site while visiting our Website, the transmitted data will be associated with your user account. If you wish to prevent a network from linking information with your user account in this manner, please log out from the respective network before clicking on the respective Social Media Site.
Even if you are not registered as a member of the Social Media Site, or you are currently not logged in, your data may be stored by the operator of the Social Media Site after you click on the respective video. We have no influence on the placement of third-party cookies and over the scope and content of the data collected by the aforementioned website or on how that data is used. For more information, please read the privacy policies of the aforementioned website.
Data Privacy Information for Social Media Providers:
• LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
• Xing AG: http://www.xing.com/privacy.
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo.
• Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875 .
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy.
• Sina Weibo: https://www.wechat.com/mobile/htdocs/en/privacy_policy.html.
5. Cookies and Google AnalyticsOur Website uses minimal cookies to deliver content specific to your interests. Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to a computer’s hard drive through your browser (if permitted), enabling the site or service provider's system to remember certain information (e.g. how many visitors to a site) or preferences, making navigation of a site easier or more user-friendly.
This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website will generally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google in advance within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the United States where it will be shortened. On behalf of the operator of this Website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the Website, to compile reports on Website activity and to provide other services relating to Website activity and internet usage to the Website operator.
We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our Website. The statistics obtained allow us to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the United States, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. If you prefer, you can set your browser to reject cookies. Please note, that if you reject or turn cookies off, you will not have access to certain features on our sites that make your online experience more efficient. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and Google from processing this data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. The IP addresses are shortened before any processing and only processed anonymously. The unabridged IP addresses are not stored or processed. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google. User and event data are stored for 26 months. Please find further information find under the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/7667196?hl=en.
Third party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Information on data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html
6. SecurityMagna has implemented adequate technical and organizational security measures according to the state of the art to protect your data against manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorized persons. Magna is constantly improving Magna’s security measures in line with technological developments. Using state-of-the-art security software, encoding and encryption technology, our IT infrastructure meets the highest international security standards.
7. Storage durationWhen your personal information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was initially collected or in accordance with other statutory requirements, the information will be destroyed. Your IP address and the name of your internet service provider, which we only store for security reasons (compare to 2.a), will be deleted after seven days. Otherwise, we delete your personal data as soon as the purpose for which we have collected and processed the data ceases to apply. Beyond this point in time, data is only stored if this is required by the laws, regulations or other legal provisions of the European Union or of a member state of the European Union to which we are subject.
8. NewsletterIf you subscribe to a newsletter (e.g. Magna Job Alert) offered on this Website, the data provided in the newsletter subscription will only be used for sending and administration of the newsletter based on your consent, unless you agree to additional uses. You can revoke your consent by unsubscribing at any time using the unsubscribe option provided in the newsletter.
9. Your RightsYou have the right to obtain information, correction, deletion or restriction of the processing of your stored data at any time. You also have the right to object to the processing and a right to data portability in accordance with the requirements of applicable data privacy laws, which you can address to the email address provided above. Furthermore, you have the right to withdraw any consent you may have provided. If you believe that the processing of your personal data violates legal requirements, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, if available.
If you have any comments, questions, concerns or claims you can address them to the following address: email@example.com, or in writing at Magna International Inc., 337 Magna Drive Aurora, Ontario, Canada L4G 7K1.